Local Customers – Simply stop by any location and drop off your helmet for service.
The forms below will provide instructions.
Please print and send with your helmet.
Individual Helmet Form –
Sunvalco Individual Helmet Check List
WARNING – FOOTBALL HELMETS MUST BE FITTED AND PROPERLY MAINTAINED IF THEY ARE TO SERVE THE PLAYERNO HELMET CAN PREVENT SERIOUS HEAD OR NECK INJURIES A PLAYER MIGHT RECEIVE WHILE PARTICIPATING IN FOOTBALL. DO NOT USE YOUR HELMET TO BUTT, RAM, OR SPEAR AN OPPOSING PLAYER. THIS IS IN VIOLATION OF THE FOOTBALL RULES AND SUCH USE CAN RESULT IN SEVERE HEAD OR NECK INJURIES, PARALYSIS OR DEATH TO YOU AND POSSIBLE INJURY TO YOUR OPPONENT. CONTACT IN FOOTBALL MAY RESULT IN CONCUSSION-BRAIN INJURY WHICH NO HELMET CAN PREVENT. SYMPTOMS INCLUDE: LOSS OF CONSCIOUSNESS OR MEMORY, DIZZINESS, HEADACHE, NAUSEA, OR CONFUSION. IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS, IMMEDIATELY STOP PLAYING AND REPORT THEM TO YOUR COACH, TRAINER AND PARENTS. DO NOT RETURN TO A GAME OR PRACTICE UNTIL ALL SYMPTOMS ARE GONE AND YOU HAVE RECEIVED MEDICAL CLEARANCE. IGNORING THIS WARNING MAY LEAD TO ANOTHER AND MORE SERIOUS OR FATAL BRAIN INJURY.
We recommend that you and your football program recondition and recertify your helmets annually. It is vital to structure a maintenance program at least every other year. Reconditioning your equipment annually ensures your gear meets and continues to perform by all standards set for by NOCSAE (National Operating Committee of Standards for Athletic Equipment). We are a loyal member of NAERA (National Athletic Equipment Reconditioning Association) and licensee of NOCSAE.
We recommend you read and understand our Policies below:
- Helmet Care and Maintenance
- The Reconditioning Process
- Ten Year Policy
- Paint Warning
- Helmet Discoloration and Paint Warranties
- Refit before you Hit
Please refer to your owner’s manual for helmet care and fitting instructions. Please read carefully before using helmet. NEVER WEAR A DAMAGED HELMET
1) Helmet must be properly fitted
2) Do not modify, change or alter helmet in any way.
3) Do not remove labels on helmet. See terms of limited warranties
4) Helmet protection will be reduced seriously by some applied common substances without damage visible to the user. It is recommended that user employ only factory authorized paints ( NOCSAE LICENSEE), cleaners, waxes, adhesives, facemask, and attachments as instructed.
5) Inflatable helmets-some liner systems are inflatable and require a specific size needle. By using the wrong inflation needle, liner system can be punctured. In any case, do not use a regular size ball inflation needle.
6) Do not drill holes in helmet shell. Excessive drilling of holes or drilling of any new holes less than ¼” from each other or the edge of the shell.
“DON’T SIT ON IT and “DON’T LEAN ON IT”
1) Evaluation, estimate and inspection
2) Receiving and inspection.
3) Pre Reconditioning helmet testing and inspection.
5) Helmet breakdown, and inspection.
6) Helmet buffing, preparation, and inspection.
7) Helmet cleaning, sanitizing and inspection.
8) Helmet polishing, refinishing and inspection.
9) Helmet reassembly and inspection.
10) Post reconditioning helmet testing and inspection.
11) Final inspection.
12) Helmet packaging and Inspection.
Effective September 1, 2011, the National Athletic Equipment Reconditioners Association (N.A.E.R.A.) will not recondition/recertify any football helmet that is 10 years of age or older. The ten years shall be determined by the manufactures date.
(IE: Any helmet 2004 or older cannot be recertified in 2014.
It is NOT RECOMMENDED to paint your own helmets. Any helmet that is painted should also be recertified by a NOCASE LICENSEE reconditioner. This will automatically void your manufacturers warranty and may lead to shell degradation or cracking of the shell or liner parts. Some common substances when applied to the helmet shell can cause shell deterioration, degradation, and/or breakage that may not be readily be visible to the wearer. This could expose the wearer to unnecessary RISK AND DANGER.
Helmet discoloration usually occurs on white or light colored shells and particularly on youth model helmets or ABS plastic. This problem is also present in other molded colors and more visible when decals are removed during reconditioning. The discoloration or “YELLOWING” is caused by the UV RAYS from the sun and excessive heat. If helmet shell is considered faded or discolored, it is our policy to paint these shells to ASSURE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. Additional charges will apply.
You may be asked to sign a waiver if your decision is to not accept a paint charge.
Helmets that are painted before, or are not brand new, are subject to scrutiny due to the fact we have no control on adverse effects of materials that MAY have been used to clean or polish the helmet. This sometimes directly affects the adhesion of our materials. A STRIPPING CHARGE MAY APPLY.
Sunvalco Athletic Supply Co. does not warranty refinishing/painting of helmets. However, we do take into consideration under normal use, that if there is a situation where we had really poor adhesion, we may correct the problem at no additional charge.
DURING RECERTIFICATION /PROCESSING, ALL INFLATABLE MODELS ARE TESTED FOR ANY POTENTIAL LEAKS. THEREFORE, THE FITTING PROCESS MUST BE REVISITED TO ENSURE THE PROPER FIT IS OBTAINED. If you need assistance in re-fitting you or your player, please check with your helmet supplier, or equipment manager. If Sunvalco Athletic was your supplier, we will gladly assist you in the fitting process.
The mission of the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) is to commission research in sports medicine and science and establish standards for athletic equipment, where feasible. In its efforts in this field, the Committee fosters and encourages the dissemination of information on research findings on athletic equipment, injury data, and other closely related areas.
NAERA is an association of athletic equipment reconditioners whose mission is to increase awareness and acceptance of high quality athletic equipment reconditioning / recertification (where appropriate). Particular emphasis is directed towards reducing the risk of injury for athletic event participants. Members are licensed by NOCSAE to recertify football, lacrosse, softball/baseball helmet.s, and face guards.